Summer becomes a great season of the year because it is the one that, the vast majority, allows us to enjoy not only the good weather but, above all, the holidays. However, that does not mean that it is also a complicated stage as soon as the high temperatures rise dramatically and this requires that, in order to cope with them in the best possible way, we have to undertake numerous measures.
The trick to not pass heat begins by buying the fan you really need. As you know, there are many types: desktop, wall, ceiling, standing, nebulizers, with blades, without blades and we are analyzing in this article, the tower fans. Also called column, are an evolution of standing. Instead of seeing the rotating blades, the fan is hidden behind a casing, which makes them safer and more aesthetic. But the design is paid, so they are also more expensive than standing. There are for 20 euros, but really a model with an acceptable price-quality ratio costs around 40 euros. From there up. Being rotating and having a lot of power, they are suitable for large spaces. Most come with a remote control that allows you to manage them without getting up from the couch or the bed. If you are thinking of a fan for the office or for domestic use that may go unnoticed, tower fans are a good option.
Top 10 Tower Fans
|1||Honeywell HYF290B Quietset 8-Speed Whole-Room Tower Fan||No ratings yet||Click Here to See Price|
|2||Lasko Wind Curve Platinum Cooling Fan||8576 Reviews||Click Here to See Price|
|3||Vornado Flippi V6 Personal Air Circulator||1889 Reviews||Click Here to See Price|
|4||Lasko Air Stick Tabletop Wind Tower||4756 Reviews||Click Here to See Price|
|5||Vornado 460 Small Whole Room Air Circulator Fan, Black||2334 Reviews||Click Here to See Price|
|6||Holmes HTF3110A 31-Inch Oscillating Tower Fan||1143 Reviews||Click Here to See Price|
|7||Dyson Pure Cool Purifying Fan||82 Reviews||Click Here to See Price|
|8||Dyson Air Multiplier AM07 Tower Fan||617 Reviews||Click Here to See Price|
|9||Honeywell Quiet Set Whole Room Tower Fan||492 Reviews||Click Here to See Price|
|10||Seville Classics UltraSlimline Tower Fan||1099 Reviews||Click Here to See Price|
Tips for buying a tower fan
The fact that, in recent years, especially, the number of people who have opted to make use of this small appliance has increased considerably is because, in addition to refreshing, it has several advantages. Which? Basically that it has small dimensions, that it can be transported in a comfortable way, that its price is economical with respect to other benefits and that it can be used both in homes and in offices or premises of different types.
In the event that you are considering the possibility that this device may be the one you need to stifle your heat this summer, it is essential that, in advance, you know in which aspects you should look to acquire the most appropriate:
- The energy consumption you make. This is an important factor to take into consideration since precisely we are still at a stage of our lives in which saving is necessary.
- The power, since based on what you have will offer a greater or lesser freshness.
- The noise. This is a characteristic to which you must pay the maximum possible attention because it will depend on whether it bothers you or not when it is working.
- Its dimensions and weight. Two essential aspects taking into account that they will be the ones that will facilitate or not that can be carried from one room to another in the house with comfort and easy.
Its ease of cleaning, its design and the brand that supports it are, similarly, signs of identity in which it is necessary to be fixed in order to be clear if that model in front of you is the most appropriate or not.
Comparison of the best tower fans on the market
Help you find the cooling article of this type that offers you better service and that allows you to cope with summer in the best possible way is what we intend to do. For that reason, below we will let you know a list with the best tower fans in the current market, according to the opinions of consumers. These are devices that, among many other things, are identified by having a great value for money. The fans move the warm air that surrounds us and evaporate the sweat from our body, creating the sensation of diminishing heat. Although they cool us, it must be taken into account that the fans do not cool the air.
The good news about fans is that they have evolved in their design and technology since they are now decorative and functional devices so you can adapt them to the style of the desired environment.
The most common designs and types of fans for the home are standing, tabletop, wall, tower and roof, as well as other variants (blades, no blades, nebulizer, among others). To better adapt to the type of ventilation you need, they have different applications.
What is the best fan?
In reality, there is no single best fan, but it will depend on your needs and your budget. For this reason, on this page we have made a selection of the 6 best fans among the different types and models for sale, taking into account their characteristics, their good value/price ratio and their great acceptance in the Spanish market. Surely, one of these fans will meet your expectations and financial availability. Welcome to our guide on the best tower fans! Do you need to refresh the atmosphere of your home or office? Before deciding to install an air conditioner you have to try the option of the fans. The tower ones, for example, have a lot of power. They are capable of moving a large volume of air, which makes them ideal for large spaces. The savings with respect to what an air conditioner costs is remarkable, not to mention that you will always pay less on your electricity bill. Also, let’s face it, there are places where air conditioning only takes four days a year. The rest of the summer, with a fan that moves the air is enough. Other advantages of the tower fans that should be highlighted are the following:
- They make the sensation of heat decrease. Although they do not cool, they do displace the hot air, which favors sweat evaporation and skin transpire.
- They do not need installation. Simply plug them into the current.
- They are very easy to use. Although they have several programs, they are usually very intuitive.
- Its maintenance is limited to a cleaning of the blades from time to time to remove the dust. When you do, make sure you are disconnected from the current. Remove the protective grid and clean the blades with a damp cloth. If you can, vacuum the engine slots too.
- By moving the air, they dissipate bad odors and eliminate smoke from the environment.
- They are usually quite silent, especially if they have night mode.
- Being so narrow can be placed anywhere in the house.
- They are quite aesthetic because the blades are not visible.
- They incorporate oscillating or rotating function, so they are very comfortable to get the air to all corners of the room.
- You can move them from one room to another with little effort.
- You avoid the colds caused by entering and leaving a place with air conditioning to the street. We take this point to remind you that doctors recommend not to lower the temperature of the air conditioning of 25 ºC.
The biggest disadvantage with regard to air conditioning is that tower fans do not cool as much. In fact, they do not cool the air, they just move it. That may be little for certain areas where mercury rises above thirty degrees in summer. However, even if they do not cool or make the ambient temperature of the room lower, they do get you to at least cooldown. Thanks to the air currents generated by the blades when turning, the thermal sensation decreases. Even a small hand fan manages to relieve heat if you bring it close enough. Perhaps the intermediate point is to use the fans as a complement to air conditioning. If you place a standing fan near an air device, you will help the cold air to spread better throughout the room. In this way, you can raise the air conditioning temperature to save some money (calculate 6% for each degree or more).