It was time to talk about the best circular saw. We have prepared for you a list with which, in our opinion, they are the best circular saws of today. If you cannot decide yet which one to buy do not worry because surely after reading this post you will clear all the doubts you have.
There are different types, models and brands, as well as cheap circular saws, mini circular saws, professional saws, circular saws etc. The best thing is to first define your needs well and then choose the one that fits your budget best. To make your review a bit easier we have prepared a list that contains different models and brands of manual circular saws, which were selected in a range of prices quite varied to find the one that fits your needs and meet your requirements in terms of quality/price.
Top 10 Circular Saws
What is a Circular Saw?
A circular saw is a machine for making longitudinal cuts and beveling a variety of materials. It is equipped with an electric motor that rotates a circular blade at high speed.
If you ask yourself, what is the price of Circular Saws? Well, I’ll tell you that they can vary from € 39 for the most basic models to € 900 for the most complete and professional models. However, as you could see in our review of the best circular saws you can find very good circular saws from 80 € up to 180 € approx.
Types of Circular Saw
Lovers of bricolage or carpentry, sooner or later, end up acquiring a circular saw for their jobs. But you have to know how to use it and distinguish it in its different versions, and here I am to inform you about it.
Currently, there are different types of circular saws, among which we can mention the circular table or bank saws ideal for work at the workshop or industrial level capable of cutting large pieces. It basically consists of a cutting disc which protrudes from the surface of the work table while the tool as such remains fixed. The pieces to be cut slide on the said table when making the cut.
How to Choose the Best Circular Saw?
This is a question that you will surely be asking and even more because as you may have noticed, portable circular saws or circular hand saws are very common in the world of carpentry and DIY, so it is not surprising that there are many brands with different configurations in terms of power, speed, size, weight, etc . That is why it is necessary that you have a small notion of the aspects to take into account when you have to choose the best circular saw.
First, it is important to use your hand circular saw, because if you are going to give it little use or for domestic work, you will not need an excessively powerful saw, but with a simple one you will have more than enough. On the contrary, if you want to do excessive work where you need more power, you may need a circular saw of professional or intermediate range.
The components and features that we should know when choosing the best hand circular saw are:
- Cutting depth control. It is necessary to evaluate the different depths cut by the available circular saws since you will know that the materials do not always have the same thickness so it is necessary to be able to regulate that depth of cut.
- Speed regulator. As not all materials are the same, nor all the work to be done is the same, it is important that the circular saw has a speed regulator. Although I tell you that most of the circular saws that are sold today in the market have this system.
- Adjusting the angle of inclination. Allows you to adjust the inclination of the circular saw relative to the board to make cuts at different angles of 90 °. Depending on the use that you are going to give the tool you may be interested in the possibility of making cuts at more pronounced angles.
- Power. More watts (W) will have more accurate cuts and harder materials.
Change of saw blade. There are different methods to fix the blade of the saw, the speed or ease can vary from one model to another.
- Guide. Nowadays you can find circular saws with two types of the guide: One mechanical (marking on the base) and another using a laser that projects on the wood, both with the sole purpose of making the cuts as straight as possible. I will not lie to you, both will serve you exactly for the same. The choice will depend on whether you are willing to spend a little more to have the laser light.
- Circular saw with battery. This decision is conditioned to a large extent by the place where the tool will be used and the availability or not of electric current.
What type of disc to use for circular saws?
We can say that the circular saw disk is the fundamental part of the circular saws since they are what allow, along with the help of the tool, the cutting of your materials. Therefore, it is essential that you opt for a saw blade depending on the surface on which you are going to work since, otherwise, you could have problems with the cut and in turn damage the surface to be cut.
The circular saw discs are constructed of different materials and are available in a wide range of sizes and types of teeth that affect a particular choice. When selecting a saw blade you must take into account the following aspects:
In which tool will the saw blade be placed? Because each tool has a certain diameter of the disk, which restricts the maximum depth of the cuts, it must also be taken into account that some saw disks are designed to be used exclusively in a certain type of saw, so to ignore this can produce bad results and even become dangerous.
What is the material you want to cut with the saw blade? The type of material to be cut is fundamental for the selection of a saw blade. For example, if you want to cut solid wood, it is recommended to use large diameter blades and few teeth.
- For cutting hard materials, such as metals, slow speeds and discs with many small teeth are required.
- To cut agglomerated and MDF boards and to avoid splintering, discs with many teeth and small diameter are required.
- For cross sections, sheets of diameter and number of intermediate teeth are used with which a better finish is obtained in the cut.
What kind of finish do you want to get? Another factor to take into account for the selection of the disc is the number of teeth you have, which will determine the finish you will have. Choosing the disc with the right number of teeth is essential to obtain a good cut and to extend the useful life of the tool. As a general rule:
- The number of teeth, the shorter the life, the cleaner, even and smooth the cut.
- The larger the size of the teeth and the smaller their number, the longer the life will be, the cut will be coarser, but it can be done at a higher speed.
How to Use a Circular Saw?
Do you want to accurately saw your materials? No problem. With the portable circular saw, you will be perfectly prepared to make the cuts.
If you want to obtain perfectly straight longitudinal cuts without any effort here I leave you some tips of the BOSCHbrand to achieve it:
- It is convenient to use a guide rail for long straight cuts.
- Adapt the number of revolutions of your circular saw according to the working material.
- Use the saw with both hands and hold it by the grip areas. Insert the saw gently and without haste into the workpiece.
- Pay attention to your safety.