Choosing a speaker can help you decide if you want to enjoy your favorite music to the fullest or if you are constantly annoyed by the lousy quality of sound reproduction. Depending on the manufacturer and model, there may be some significant differences in the quality of the speakers and the search for the best models on the market can be more than difficult. It is, therefore, an advantage to know some products that have already proven themselves in practice and that have won the favor of many customers.
In the speaker comparison, we want to take a closer look at some models of well-known manufacturers and compare the most important features. Afterward, we will deal with the topic of loudspeakers in more detail in the guidebook and provide you with all sorts of interesting facts about audio playback devices and their use.
Top 10 Speakers
What are the features of the speakers as well?
There are a few other features and designs that speakers can differ from. The most important can be seen at this point in the overview:
- Hi-Fi speakers: A music system usually includes two hi-fi speakers for playing the stereo signal and an amplifier. The loudspeakers and amplifiers can either be installed with all other components in one housing or they are available as separate components.
- Home Theater Speakers: Unlike a hi-fi system, a home theater system consists of up to ten speaker modules, each with a different task to ensure the perfect all-around sound experience.
- Bluetooth speaker: The audio data is not on cables in such speakers but via wireless technology. The benefits of such designs include less clutter and the associated location flexibility.
- Wi-Fi speakers: Such wireless speakers play music over the Wi-Fi connection. A suitable router is sufficient and the control can be done easily via mobile devices.
- Mobile speakers: This term refers to all speakers that you can take with you wherever you go. For example, on holidays or on days outdoors such models are used. Most of the speakers have their own battery and work, for example, with Bluetooth or via cable transmission.
- Mini Speakers: They are practical, do not take up much space and are easy to take with you. Mini speakers are available in all possible versions. The sound quality should not be the highest standards, but here too there is always progress and improvement.
- Soundbars: A soundbar is a perfect solution for those who like to enjoy great sound while watching TV, but do not want to invest in an entire home theater surround system. Such a system is integrated with the Soundbar in a single housing.
The most important purchase criteria for perfect speakers
Of course, when you are looking for new speakers, you naturally want the choice to fall on a model that fits in perfectly with your own ideas and requirements. But the selection is huge and there are countless suppliers who have the most diverse models in the range. So if you want to make sure that you do not do anything wrong and do not regret the purchase afterward, it’s an advantage to be systematic. Define what you expect from the new speaker and make sure you get exactly what you want.
- What do you need the speaker for?
Do you want to spice up your hi-fi system or upgrade the home theater system? Should it be a speaker, with which you only want to play music with your smartphone, or should the PC or the TV be connected to the speaker? Depending on the requirements of your new speaker, you should also focus on models that are designed specifically for this purpose. This will ensure that you only get the features and performance you need and do not have to pay for something that is of no use.
- The size is what matters
Basically, the bigger the speakers are, the richer and more powerful the sound they produce. This is especially the case with low frequencies, ie with bass reproduction. But not everywhere is space enough to accommodate huge boxes. Therefore, a good balance should be made where to cut corners and where it pays to invest in large speakers.
- Bluetooth, WLAN or both?
Everyone has to answer this question for themselves because everyone has their own preferences in this regard. Both transmission technologies have their advantages, with the Bluetooth connection giving the user more freedom. Good Bluetooth speakers offer excellent connection quality and can be used anywhere. Basically, therefore, the purchase of Bluetooth speakers is recommended.
- The right speakers for outdoor use
Even the best indoor speaker could quickly look poor under certain conditions. So if you want to buy a Bluetooth speaker for outdoor use, you should make sure that it is waterproof or at least water repellent. Corresponding features are indicated by manufacturers in the product description. In addition, it can not hurt if the case of the speakers is robust and can withstand at least minor shocks etc.
- Portable Speakers – Battery Performance and Sound Quality
If you want to take the speakers everywhere and listen to music in unusual places, you should opt for a model that has a long-lasting battery that does not need to be changed forever. Good speakers last 12 hours, but there are also models where the battery has enough power for up to 24 hours of continuous use.
Portable speakers are usually small and lightweight so they will not burden the wearer. The compact dimensions can also mean that the quality of the playback leaves something to be desired. So you should inform yourself in detail about the experience of other buyers before you opt for such a mini-speaker.